The Websites Dashboard Back to top
When you first log into your account, you will land in a screen like this.
- Websites: The current view.
- Recent edits: A dialog showing a list of the pages you recently edited.
- Resources: Acess to our asset management dialog. It currently supports images you can use anywhere. From here you have access to a stock library search bar powered by Unsplash, a super complete and free to use stock imaging service to update any image on your website. You will soon become familiar with it as its used every time you need to change an image while editing.
- Account: Your user account information and settings.
- Log out: To just sign out from the app immediately.
From here you will have access to all the pages you have edited organized by domain name. By default a screenshot of the first page you edit is taken to be used as a visual representation for the pages of the domain, so you don't have to deal with just URLs to remember the pages edited.
Note the screenshot won't update when you update the page, its just there to help you recognize better the kind of pages edited under that domain. This is useful when you have a large number of websites.
Edited pages: Access to the Edited Pages dialog with a list of the pages you edited under that domain. Each page entry has action buttons to activate commonly used functionality.
Verify website: A dialog giving you access to the website verification options. Currently only TXT DNS record verification method is available.
Delete: When you activate this option it will display a confirm dialog before proceeding to delete all page variant records you had. Any published resources will be unavailable after this. This action cannot be undone.
When we say "You just need a public web page URL to get started" we refer to this. You really need just a web page URL to start editing. Once filled in and clicking on the Continue button, you will be taken straight to the editor with your page loaded.
If this is the first page you edit, an entry for the page domain will also be created automatically and a page thumbnail will be taken. There's one caveat though: You need to paste the full final public web page URL here as the system won't follow redirects.
- Edit new page: This is the same as clicking the Add blue button at the top.
- User settings: Sends you to the user account settings page.
Increase quota limits: If you need more than what our monthly free quotas provide, you can buy higher ones here.
Help resources: Takes you to our help resources page.
- Sign out: Logs you off.
The Page Editor Back to top
After adding a web page to edit, you will be taken to a screen like this.
Select any parent element: Select any parent of the currently selected element all the way to the root <body> element.
Select siblings: When the selected element has siblings, left/right arrow buttons will activate to let you select a previous or next immediate element siblings.
Select children: If the element selected has other element siblings, a button will enable to select the first one.
- Highlight & locate a modified element.
- Roll back changes from an element.
Set translation language: Opens the dialog to choose a page language so you can start translating a page.
Publish page variant: Once you have a set of changes ready, this option displays a dialog to run the publishing process of your changes.
Publish history: Shows a dialog with a listing of the different times you have run the publishing process for this page.
Get embed code: When you publish a page you will get an embed code to install in your page source code. You can get the code again anytime from this option. For more information about the install process check out our Installation guide
Preview changes: Preview your page changes as if they were published.
- Discard all changes: Rollback all page changes so far if you want to start over.
- Report a problem: Are you experiencing an issue with your page? Let us know with this option.
- Text editing: Start a text editing session for the currently selected element.
Change image: If the selected element is an image, this button will activate to let you change it. Note this does not work for background images, for that case you will need to use the style dialog.
Revert style changes: If the selected element has style changes, roll them back with this button.
- Styles panel: This button activate the style panel. Details of this panel are presented later in this guide.
- Close: Unselect an element.
Additionally, when an element with text content is selected and edited, a different toolbar with options specific to text edit sessions is displayed with the following options:
Auto translate: Apply an automatic translation for the text content. Will display a dialog to let you choose between 4 different translation engines.
Revert text changes: If the selected element has text content changes, this button will let you roll them back to the original text.
Accept changes: Apply text changes made to the element.
- Cancel: Cancel the editing session. No changes to the text will be applied.
There are times when content or whole page sections are hidden and only become visible after an interaction from the user. The interaction mode allows you to stop selecting elements and use the mouse to interact with the page in order to reveal content that may be initially hidden like menus, sections, roll-overs, etc...
You can cancel an interaction session by clicking on the top button (the one with the Stop icon) so you can go back to select elements again.
All: No responsive breakpoint selected. All style changes apply to all sizes. This is the default value.
Phone: The smallest size for mobile phones. All styles applied when this breakpoint is active will only be applied to small screens.
Tablet: A size suitable for tablets. All styles applied when this breakpoint is active will only be applied to tablets.
Desktop: Changes applied when this breakpoint is active will only be visible on devices with large screens.
The Styles Panel Back to top
When activating the style button action, the styles panel will appear.